We aim to make the flight enjoyable for our youngest passengers. On board there is a personal in-flight entertainment centers in most of our fleet with variety of children programmes. Furthermore children are given postcards and crayons which they can fill out and send to friends and family.
It´s not possible to book for an unborn child. When planning on travelling with a child which isn´t born yet, you can add his or her name to the booking when the child has been given it´s name. Please contact our call center for assistance.
Passengers travelling with children, 2-11 years old, may bring on board an approved child seat if the child is capable of sitting in the chair during the flight. When travelling with infants under 2 years old passengers may also bring an approved child seat on board, provided that a seat by the window is available on the plane. Passengers can ensure a seat for a child seat by purchasing the child fare. The use of child seats is allowed during all stages of the flight, including during take-off and landing, provided that:
- The child seat is designed for attachment to a seat with a 2-point belt (normal seat belts on passenger seats in aircraft). Child seats that are specifically designed for attachment with 3-point belts (normal seatbelts in cars) may not be used.
- The child seat meets at least one of the following conditions:
- The child seat is approved for use in vehicles in accordance with the European Standard ECE R44-03 or later amendments.
- The child seat is approved for use in motor vehicles and aircraft in accordance with the US Standard US FMVSS No. 213 and has been manufactured according to this standard as of 26 February 1985. Child seats that meet US requirements must have the following label in red lettering: 1)"This child restraint system conforms to all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards" and 2)"This restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft".
- The child seat is approved for use in aircraft in accordance with the German Standard on "Qualification Procedure for Child Restraint Systems in Aircraft" (TUV Doc.:/958-01/2001).
- The child seat is approved for use in motor vehicles and aircraft in accordance with the Canadian Standard CMVSS 213/213,1.
CARES Child Aviation Restraint System is approved on Icelandair flights. CARES is designed specifically for aviation use for children age 1 and older who weigh between 10 & 20 kg (22 & 44 pounds). Please note Icelandair does not provide them on our flights.
- The child seat shall be anchored securely in a window seat using the seatbelt.
- It must be noted that the airline does not provide child seats.
It is possible to order yogurt and a banana for infants. Warm water is always available on board in order to warm up milk and baby food. An infant meal needs to be reserved in advance, at least 24 hours before departure or at the time of reservation (1-800-223-5500 prompt 1).
All children between the ages of 2 – 11 years of age receive a complimentary meal on all flights.