We aim to make the flight enjoyable for our youngest passengers. On board there is a personal in-flight entertainment centers in most of our fleet with variety of children programmes. Furthermore children are given postcards and crayons which they can fill out and send to friends and family
Passengers traveling with infants may bring on board an approved child seat, provided that there are free seats on the flight in question. Passengers can ensure a seat for a child seat by purchasing the child fare. The use of child seats is allowed during all stages of the flight, including during take-off and landing, provided that:
- The child seat is designed for attachment to a seat with a 2-point belt (normal seat belts on passenger seats in aircraft). Child seats that are specifically designed for attachment with 3-point belts (normal seatbelts in cars) may not be used.
- The child seat meets at least one of the following conditions:
- The child seat is approved for use in vehicles in accordance with the European Standard ECE R44-03 or later amendments.
- The child seat is approved for use in motor vehicles and aircraft in accordance with the US Standard US FMVSS No. 213 and has been manufactured according to this standard as of 26 February 1985. Child seats that meet US requirements must have the following label in red lettering: 1)"This child restraint system conforms to all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards" and 2)"This restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft".
- The child seat is approved for use in aircraft in accordance with the German Standard on "Qualification Procedure for Child Restraint Systems in Aircraft" (TUV Doc.:/958-01/2001).
- The child seat is approved for use in motor vehicles and aircraft in accordance with the Canadian Standard CMVSS 213/213,1.
- The child seat shall be anchored securely in a window seat using the seatbelt.
- It must be noted that the airline does not provide child seats.
It is possible to order yogurt and a banana for infants. Warm water is always available on board in order to warm up milk and baby food. An infant meal needs to be reserved in advance, at least 24 hours before departure or at the time of reservation (1-800-223-5500 ext. 2 ).
All children between the ages of 2 – 11 years of age receive a complimentary meal on all flights.