Children Traveling Alone
- On Icelandair flights an Unaccompanied Minor (UM) is a child between 5-11 years of age (11 inclusive) who is NOT accompanied by a passenger 12 years of age or older having the same reservation status and capable of taking full responsibility for the child.
- A maximum of 4 Unaccompanied Minors may be carried on each flight.
- The Unaccompanied Minor service charge is 60 USD each way. Only one fee is charged if two or more unaccompanied minors are traveling together.
Unaccompanied Minor Travel Guidelines
- Unaccompanied Minors must be checked-in by an adult guardian who must provide photo identification and contact information, as well as the relationship to the child. On arrival in the destination city, the Icelandair ground agent will also check photo identification and contact information before releasing the child to the guardian, who is predetermined in the child's reservation documents.
- Travel documents for the Unaccompanied minor concerned are placed in a special Icelandair wallet clearly visible on the child.
- If you child is traveling as an Unaccompanied Minor, please download the following for which will be needed at the airport before departure.
- Please note that in addition to filling out the form, all Unaccompanied Minors must be confirmed in advanced before the traveling on Icelandair. Please contact our reservations department to make a reservation for them.
Unaccompanied Minor form (PDF - 17kb)
It is not possible to book a child traveling alone via the Internet
To book an Unaccompanied Minor, please contact Icelandair Reservations at Tel: 1-800-223-5500. Unaccompanied Minors must be confirmed at least 3 days before the flight, so please allow for advance purchase.