If needed Passengers are requested to contact the travel agency where the trip was booked. For bookings directly with Icelandair, call our customer line +354 50 50 100 or your local Icelandair telephone number.
Please note: Due to a heavy load on the phone lines into the Icelandair call center, there may be a long wait. We apologize for this inconvenience and will answer all calls as quickly as possible.
Refund / Re-booking
Full refund prior to departure
Passengers requiring a refund should contact the location or agency where they purchased their trip.
Take an Icelandair flight to your destination two (2) days before or at a later date convenient to you. The flight is subject to availability in the same service class/cabin if travel is within 7 days of the original travel date, otherwise changes are subject to availability in the same booking class. (That is in the same cabin within 7 days and in the same booking class after 7 days). Re-booking must be made within 2 weeks of the original flight. Travel must begin within four months of the original travel date.
Re-book on an Icelandair flight to/from another destination
in the same zone as that originally booked. Re-booking is subject to availability in the same booking class. Any additional fare cost will be charged. Change fees will be waived. Re-booking must be made within 2 weeks of the original flight.
Rerouting with other airlines
where possible. Please note that origin and destination cannot change.
- Travel must begin within four months from the original travel date.
- The return flight, if applicable, can be re-booked at the same time.
- Passengers on through tickets involving other carriers (a single ticket for two or more flights, including both Icelandair and other carriers) must notify us before travel commences. Passengers with connecting flights issued on separate tickets must make their own arrangements with the other carrier including the payment of any additional costs and amendment fees.
- Passengers on package holidays must refer to their tour operators who may not operate the same policy. Passengers should also be aware that any applicable refund would only relate to the airfare portion of the inclusive package and not the whole cost of the holiday.
- Passengers on Icelandair Holidays package holidays will be offered a full refund with no penalty.
Claims in general
All customer enquiries on compensation for additional expenses incurred (e.g. accommodation) and other claims should be directed to the Customer Relations Department, in writing and supported with original documents. Icelandair recommend passenger to check if they have any travel insurance that may cover any related cost.