Price: $356 per person
Departures: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday; 8:30am from May 1 - October 31, 2015
Duration: 9 - 11 hours
Tour Code: ILR/12
Break away from the tour bus and enjoy off-road guided wilderness touring with a small group on a specially-outfitted Land Rover vehicle! Thorsmork is a natural paradise oasis named after the mighty pagan god, Thor, and can only be reached with specially equipped vehicles, especially useful over the numerous unbridged glacial rivers along the way. Once at Thorsmork, find yourself in a magnificent valley full of the geological wonders and unique vistas Iceland lovers have enjoyed for centuries. Hiking along nature trails into Stakkholts river canyon is also a magical experience you'll have the opportunity to experience on this tour. After a beautiful day in the outdoors, return to Reykjavik, visiting the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss falls en route.
Important: For passengers with early morning arrivals in Iceland on flights from North America, this tour is NOT recommended as passengers generally arrive at their hotel around 8am, which is the scheduled departure time for this particular tour. Icelandair cannot reimburse passengers for unused portions of a package or land only travel once travel starts.
- Click on the gold "Book Now" button above, then select your arrival date & and the number nights of Iceland, then find this add-on under 'Nature Tours' on the following screen
- If your booking is not in conjunction with a previously booked Fly & Hotel vacation package, be sure to provide the name of your hotel when prompted during the booking process
- After submitting your payment details, a confirmation will be sent to the email address provided at the time of booking
1 Thorsmork is a favorite wilderness place of Icelanders 2 Super Jeeps crossing unbridged waters 3 Super Jeeps bring people close to nature in a fun, adventurous and comfortable way 4 Thorsmork, the beautiful wilderness "woods of Thor"
- Pick-up and drop-off between your Reykjavik hotel and the tour (this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik)
- Meals during the tour
- Please note this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- All inquiries on change or cancellation requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Icelandair package terms and conditions can be found here