Price: $119; through December 31, 2017
$60 per child aged 8 - 11
NOTE: This add-on is not allowed for children 7 and under, pregnant women,
and those weighing over 243 pounds.
Departures: Daily; 10:00am (exc. December 25 and January 1)
Daily; 2:00pm (exc. December 24 and 31) NOTE: Hotel pick-ups begin 60 minutes before scheduled tour departure
Duration: 4 hours (including 1.5 - 2 hours riding time)
Tour Code: IHD/02
Don't miss this opportunity to ride a friendly Icelandic horse into a lovely region of the Icelandic countryside including volcanoes, lava formations and lakes. Pure bred since Viking days, the sturdy Icelandic horse has a smooth gait for crossing rough Icelandic terrain, and are well suited for beginners and experienced riders.
Important: Horseback riding, which for this tour is at a beginner level with no previous riding experience needed. For passengers with early morning arrivals in Iceland on flights from North America, this tour is also not recommended as passengers generally arrive at their hotel around 8am, and any delays could cause you to miss the tour departure. The afternoon departure is a great option for those looking to take this tour on their arrival day. Icelandair cannot reimburse passengers for unused portions of a package or land only travel once travel starts.
- Click on the gold "Book Now" button above, then select your arrival date & and the number nights of Iceland, then find this add-on under 'Horseback Riding' on the following screen
- If your booking is not in conjunction with a previously booked Fly & Hotel vacation package, be sure to provide the name of your hotel when prompted during the booking process
- After submitting your payment details, a confirmation will be sent to the email address provided at the time of booking
1 Riding path through the countryside 2 Riding in the lava fields near Hafnarfjordur 3 This riding tour can be enjoyed year-round
- Pick-up and drop-off between your Reykjavik hotel and the tour (this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik)
- Guided tour per itinerary
- Meals and refreshments in tour other than those mentioned in itinerary
- Please note this tour will not pick up passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavik
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Please note that you cannot take any backpacks or bags with you during the horseback ride but there are safety boxes at the Riding Center where you can store your valuables
- Riding gear is not necessary for this tour. However, if you do bring your own riding gear (riding boots, riding trousers, jackets, hats, gloves, etc.) it needs to be washed in 40°C/104°F temperature water, dry-cleaned or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather riding gear may not be brought into the country
- All inquiries on change or cancellation requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Icelandair package terms and conditions can be found here