Icelandair sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to your journey in relation to flight disruptions.
Assistance to passengers is to be offered:
- – meals/refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time
- – hotel accommodation in cases where an overnight stay or a stay additional to that intended by the passenger becomes necessary.
Refund is based on average price of 3 star hotel. Invoice has to be in passenger´s name and related to additional stay at disrupted departing station. Icelandair does not cover any prepaid services.
If holding any connecting flights that are not on one and same ticket number, travelling on two separate tickets, Icelandair´s liability will not cover that flight connection. Passenger will have to contact related airline directly for changes made on travel arrangements. Same applies for connections to trains, ferries, buses and taxis.
Please complete form below if you need a confirmation of your delayed flight f.ex. your insurance company. Please note that confirmation can only be issued for Icelandair flights with registration FI.
Compensation in case of denied boarding or cancellations on Icelandair flights from and to EU and EEC countries are restricted as followed: scheduled arrival should not be delayed more that:
- A. Two (2) hours for Flights of 1,500km or less (EUR 250)
- B. Three (3) hours for Flights between 1,500km and 3,500km (EUR 400)
- C. Four (4) hours for flights more than 3,500km not falling under A or B (EUR 600) (1 km = 0.62 miles).
If the flight is cancelled or long delayed due to the following circumstances, passengers are NOT entitled to compensation but will be offered assistance as according to above notification. If the cancellation is caused by extraordinary circumstances. Examples of extraordinary circumstances include but are not limited to:
- security risk; for example, technical problems that suddenly arise or other unexpected flight safety shortcomings
- weather conditions
- strikes affecting operations
- sickness of cabin crew
- political instability
- air traffic management decisions
- tarmac delays
- security in other respects.
If holding any connecting flights that are not on one and same ticket number, travelling on two separate tickets, Icelandair liability will not cover that flight connection. Passenger will have to contact related airline directly for changes made on travel arrangements. Same applies for connections to trains, ferries, buses and taxis.